Thursday, September 27, 2012

Inquiry Based Activities

This week in TPTE we focused on a website inquiry based activity.  We began by finding topics in textbooks that are approved to be used in the state of Tennessee.  We then had to find a website that could be used to teach our lesson to students.  I used an 8th grade general music book to help guide my subject topic.  After deciding to do my lesson on Japanese percussion instruments, I found websites that were appropriate for my age group.
After we decided which questions we would use for the students to research, we began to create the assignment pages.  We used Microsoft Word to create a hard copy worksheet for student use in a classroom setting.  Then, using our wiki site, we created a page for teacher usage that listed the questions and answers that aligned with the worksheet. This helped me understand that good quality formatting for the internet is different from formatting for printed text.
I enjoyed this activity because it helped me understand the differences between printed text and text on the internet.  It also opened my eyes to the possibilities that are available now with technology.  This could be a really fun activity for students, and it is a different way of learning that they can enjoy.  Website inquiry is something that I will remember for future use in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment